Thursday, April 3, 2014

Weeks 1-3 Home for Christmas!

With the inspiration from my cousins wife Lindsay, I have decided to do the blog thing so our close family and friends can know the scoop about our second pregnancy.

It all begins....As Austin was approaching age 2 and Paul doesn't much mind the time frame between children, I on the other hand do. I had already decided that the closer Austin is to age 3 the better. Back in October I decided to get my body ready for baby! My routine includes, going off preventative drugs, taking prenatal vitamins, cutting back on alcohol consumption (not the easiest task) and trying to eliminate fried foods from my diet to get my weight under control! With Austin, I started this in November and prepared my body for 6 months before trying in April and WAM-O! First try and we are pregnant.

This time around I wasn't sure if it would be right away again or would we have months of trying this time? Well, let's just say I jumped the gun with the excitement of a possible new baby and we tried in November and nothing. Then December came along and my body apparently decided to start working again and my ovaries both released an egg, little did we know what was happening. We were home for the Christmas holiday and I distinctly remember my fabulous uncle Rick challenging me to catch up with Chip over Christmas dinner now that he was having twins....dun dun dun....if we all only knew!

Well anyway a few weeks later at 3 weeks it all began suddenly just like with Austin, super nauseous and gagging at random smells! Well, maybe I should take a test? Last month I took two tests with no symptoms (again jumping the gun). What do you know, I was right this time! Baby number 2 is on its way HURRAY! I ran down the stairs and said honey, "I'm pregnant" with a HUGE grin. He said like last time, " Already, what? You just took a test?" And that's about it, he's a man of little words when it comes to pregnancy!


No comments:

Post a Comment