Thursday, May 29, 2014

Weeks 23-24 Contractions galore!

Twins at 24 weeks
Those two weeks just flew by!  My guess is because we had a holiday weekend to enjoy! We or rather I should say Paul, spent the first part of our holiday weekend finishing up our new front porch. Like all projects, he ended up having to do a little more work than just pulling up the old boards and laying new composite decking. With our new porch, front door and new screen door, I finally have the facade I have been wanting. My red door and red flowers in the pots and window boxes sure did look nice with all my mini flags out for Memorial Day :) That will be it for the projects on our house for now. We have a running list but won't probably do much else to improve things until winter rolls around. We like to enjoy the good months that Ohio offers and use the crappy months for projects!

The rest of the weekend consisted of a BBQ at my parents house with my family including my uncle who was home from the Netherlands. We enjoyed ribs, macaroni salad, baked beans and strawberry pie. We had fantastic weather and great ambiance on my parents deck and their paradise of a backyard. We spent the next day at the pool. Paul's mom has a pool complex near her condo. We often have the pool to ourselves but being opening weekend with great weather it was more packed than normal but not full, I have never seen it full! Paul's sister and her family and my parents joined us for the 85 degree pool day! My pregnancy brain is in full effect. I managed to accidentally leave my bathing suit in the pool bathroom the first time I used it!!! Luckily it was still there when Barb returned to get it....phew!

As for the pregnancy itself, I had my first contractions freak out moment! I had one night where for 3 hours I had loads of rather uncomfortable contractions. I was counting them to see if they exceeded 6 each hour and just when I was really getting worried they stopped completely and I got a good nights sleep. I have been instructed to report the the hospital if I have 6 contractions or more in an hour, for 2 straight hours. At which point they would do their best to stop them and check if I was actually progressing into labor! Please, please, please don't happen again until late August! I wasn't too worried about having these babies super early until now! I would really just like to make it until around August 15th. I think I have forgotten to mention in all these posts that my actual due date is September 21st. I think I found it irrelevant being that I will have these babies two weeks or more early no matter what! I am trying not to think about it but being discharged before my babies is making me want to cry! I hope they are a healthy size so we can all go home together!! Trying to shuffle Austin and babies still at the hospital seems like a total nightmare! (Breathe, relax!)

Now for the picture everyone wants to see, my huge, fast growing belly!
My Belly with Austin at 24 weeks!
My belly with Twins at 24 weeks! WAYYYYYY BIGGER!

My belly with Austin at 37 weeks...ENOUGH SAID, I will be HUGE with the twins!!


Up next is my glucose tolerance test,  Dr. Appointment and fourth ultrasound!


1 comment:

  1. I just pulled up my 24 week photo too :) Looks about right. You're doing great...hang in there, lady!

    ReplyDelete