Saturday, June 21, 2014

Weeks 25-26 Gestational Diabetes Scare!

Wow, another two weeks! This summer is going to breeze by and by breeze, I mean if it doesn't get ultra hot I will be a happy girl. I am working back in Huron a couple days a week, which has been wonderful. Ellee and Drake adore Austin and vise versa! Austin has been known to cry when Ellee leaves the room, too cute! He has been getting wore out playing with the big kids and going to bed earlier and earlier! Early being 9:00pm since he is usually a night owl and up until 10:30 sometimes later! I am really enjoying the summer work load except that we have not had great weather for the pool. I hope that changes for July when I plan to be bouyant as much as possible.

Last week I had my routine glucose test which I did not pass. The 1 hour test involves drinking a bottle of glucola, which I don't ever seem to have a problem with, in my opinion it's just like orange pop. After one hour of sitting in the lab they draw your blood to test how your body processes the sugar. Well, my levels were higher than normal so I was ordered to take the dreaded 3 hour test. This one is similar but involves fasting for 12 hours prior. When you get to the lab you have a blood draw before the drink, then you drink a higher concentrated glucola than the 1 hour, this one was fruit punch flavored and still not bad. Well, for the next 3 hours you have your blood drawn every hour on the hour. Only crappy parts involve no eating and drinking during the 3 hours and no leaving the lab!!! It was rather boring but I brought many things to make the time pass and it ended up going much faster than I anticipated. When all was said and done, I passed the test and do not have gestational diabetes! I'm thrilled, I was not looking forward to being on a special diet or worrying that the babies could arrive earlier than expected!

I also had a routine Doctor appointment which Austin attended with me and he did great playing on his tablet in the exam room corner! I now see my Doc every two weeks, until we get closer. My weight is great so I am down to only one Boost a day and some extra protein snacks because I get a bit jittery if I don't eat every couple hours. In addition to the routine exam, I also had my 4th ultrasound. Baby girl is once again breech (butt down) and baby boy is transverse (across) the top. So essentially, they make a T formation :/ They are growing wonderfully with her being 2 pounds 3 ounces and him being 2 pounds 1 ounce. My cervix is closed and long which is awesome! No bed rest in my near future. My ultrasound Doctor who is different than my OB, said I was doing so good that he would wait to see me again for the next ultrasound in 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks. The best part was we got to finally have some neat 3D pics of the babies and the girl was the one who cooperated this time!
Our baby girl's face with the 3D ultrasound! What a cutie

My 26 weeks belly, I was taking pictures at my Mommies group 10th Anniversary Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment